The China-Australia Free Trade Agreement (ChAFTA) has now entered into force, providing Australian businesses with unprecedented access to the China market. Made possible by a generous grant from The Australian Government, the Australia China Business Council (ACBC), in collaboration with the Export Council of Australia (ECA), are going to all corners of Australia to provide regional Australian businesses with the technical, step-by-step training to help exporters navigate the nuances of the China market.
If you are either looking to expand your business in China or need support in taking the first steps in exporting to Australia’s largest trading partner, this workshop is for you.
- Date: Friday, April 28th, 2017
- Time: 10:15am for 10:30am start – session ends at 3.30pm
- Venue: Limelight Bistro, Logan Entertainment Centre, 170 Wembley Road, 4114
- Cost: $60
- Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
*ticket prices reflect the subsidy provided by the Australian Government through the Free Trade Agreement Training Provider Grant Program that has reduced ticket costs by 50% for each attendee. The full value of the training is $110.
The ChAFTA Training Program will cover a morning workshop hosted by ECA focussing on the technical aspects of ChAFTA:
- Classifying your goods for export
- How your goods are treated under ChAFTA
- Understanding Rules of Origin
- Certifying your goods using Certificates of Origin
- China export checklist; and
- Tools and Resources: FTA Tool and FTA Portal.
ACBC will lead the second session that will focus on the practical side of doing business with China:
- The latest business trends and China market analysis;
- Case Study experience of doing business with China;
- Financing for exports and risk management; and
- Cultural nuances of doing business with China.
This program includes lunch, opportunities for Q&A and networking.