This webinar is replacing the Immigration 101: 457 Business Sponsors and Nominations webinar on Thursday, 27 April at 4:00 PM (AEST).
On 18 April 2017 the Australian Government announced sweeping changes to the sponsored skilled work visa in Australia.
With immediate effect from 19 April 2017, access to the 457 visa program for certain occupations will be removed or become more difficult. Further changes to the program are expected on 1 July and a new Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (replacing the 457 visa) will be introduced in March 2018. There are also related changes to be introduced with respect to the Employer Sponsored permanent residence program taking effect between 1 July 2017 and March 2018.
Join Fragomen’s Australian Practice for a webinar as we provide you with details as to:
- changes to the 457 visa program now in effect, the impact on your workforce and how to best manage the regulatory changes
- further changes and timelines with respect to the 457 visa program and as the new TSS worker program is introduced in March 2018
- related permanent residence changes and important time lines to factor in making an application under current rules
- complementary changes to sponsor’s requirements and expected compliance and monitoring activity
There will be active discussion as to what businesses should practically consider and action now with respect to your current workforce and regarding longer term strategic workforce planning.
The webinar will be led by Australia’s Co-Managing Partners Alex Paterson and Teresa Liu, together with Special Counsels, Cherie Wright and Charles Johanes.
- Date: Thursday, 27 April 2017
- Time: 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM (AEST – Sydney)
- This program will include a Q&A session
To register, please click here. Webinar details will be provided in advance of the event.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.